
Are you ready for the April class? These are the last 3 blocks that we will add to the quilt YAY! Look how far you all have come, i'm so proud of you.
The last class will be in May and that will be on putting the blocks together and instructions and pattern for the border.
Your border kits will be available for pick up on that day. However, there are 3 colorways available to finish your quilt. They are yellow, pink or blue.
You need to go in and see them and sign up for which one you would like so they can have it cut for you and ready in May. You can do this at Aprils class. You will see the finished quilt that day and then I have to take it down and ship it toUNITED NOTIONS/ MODA to hang in thier booth at Spring Market.
I also wanted to tell you that Nadine ordered the same fabric that I backed my quilt in if you want the same, tell her so she can plan on you. Please go in ASAP if you can't come to April class to choose your border kit fabric. I want to make sure that you get the one you want.
All of the fabric is by Lakehouse and is all exactly the same except different colors. The binding fabric and ric-rac will also be included in your finishing kit.
The layouts for April blocks are as follows,
All because stitchery doesn't need one.
Candle; 3" x 3"
Heaven; 3" x 12" (sorry about the sideways picture, thats how it fit in the photo better!
I'll see you there!
appliqué club by Lori Holt
I am teaching this club at Material Girls in South Jordan, Utah-801-495-4290
The class is on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 12:30 to 2:30
There is a sign-up fee for $36.00 which also covers your 1st and last months kit.
There is an $18.00 monthly fee thereafter which includes the pattern for that month and also the kit which includes fabric for that month's blocks and floss if needed. The monthly class is for members only and is free of charge! I will be there for those of you who need help with your blocks or those of you who simply enjoy meeting with me and the other members of the club!
I don't think that I need to tell you what this quilt is about because the pictures will tell you and we only have a few more to add! We are nearing the end of this appliqué club which always makes me sad and happy at the same time!
This club began in October of 2007 and will end in May of 2009! The quilt is quite detailed so it has been my longest club so far! There are so many things that must be added to a quilt about home and childhood memories- don't you think?
If you like what you see and would be interested in buying a kit for "Comforts of Home", you may call Nadine directly to see if she will be cutting extras.
If you are interested in the pattern only, it will be available in May.


10 comments:
I really love this quilt!
This is my absolute favorite quilt in the world! It takes true love and dedication to applique it too.
Well shoot. I just moved from Utah. Great class.
How darling! Since Utah is a bit of a drive from Michigan, I can't make your classes! Do you think you may be offering this for sale sometime in the future?
I have loved taking this class with you! So glad I got to know you and got to learn how to applique! This is my favorite quilt I have ever made!
Thanks Lori.
I too live to far away.
Will the pattern be for sale soon?
Un saludo desde Chile, me encantaron tus trabajos son maravillosos. Carola Nickel
This quilt has soooooooo many of my childhood memories. The telphone, the clothesline, the skates with the KEY!!!!!! I LOVE It!!! Thanks for the memories. (a la Bob Hope!)
Hi. I saw many requests for a pattern from your classes. Is there a possibility of buying these patterns. If so I'd like to be contacted. Thanks in advance for your reply. Evita in sunny great California
Post a Comment